Holly Bauble – Christmas Card Project
- SP6-105 – Sweet Poppy Stencil: Holly Back Plate
- SPSTMP_BLESS Sweet Poppy Stencil: A5 Stamp Set Christmas Blessings
- SPSD-TRANS – Stencil Dimensions: Translucent
- SP-SPREADER – Sweet Poppy:Spreader
- A5 Magnetic sheet – A5 Magnetic sheet
- Sweet Poppy Low tack Stencil tape – Stencil Tape Low Tack 25mm x 25m
- Sweet Poppy Satin Moss Green – Sweet Poppy Stencil: Satin Glitters Moss Green
- Sweet Poppy Holly Trio die set – Sweet Poppy Buddy Die: Holly Trio Die set
- Sweet Poppy Large Nesting Bauble die – Sweet Poppy Buddy Die: Large Nesting Bauble Dies (5 Dies)
- White / Red & Green Card stock cut to advised sizes
- 1 – 19cm x 19cm White card blank
- Red liquid pearl drops
- Red gems 4mm
- Vesafine black ink
Step 1: Now to start the Holly Bauble Christmas card project. With your pieces of White & Red card stock cut to the following sizes either with a Square Die or a guillotine/trimmer its your choice
- White card stock – 1 x 15cm x 21cm ( this will be the for the Holly Back plate stencil)
- Red card stock – 1 x 18cm x 18cm
- White card stock – 1 x 17.5cm x 17.5cm
- Red card stock – 1 x 15cm x 15cm
- White card stock – 1 x 14.5cm x 14.5cm
- Red card stock – 1 x 12cm x 12cm – for the inside
- White card stock – 1 x 11.5cm x 11.5cm – for the inside
- Scrap piece of Holly Green card stock to die cut
Step 2: Lay your white card stock (15cm x 21cm) on top of the magnetic sheet and place the Holly Back plate stencil on top and secure down with Stencil tape, then spread your Translucent Stencil Dimensions medium over the top of the stencil and remove the stencil and sprinkle with Moss green satin glitter, place to one side to air dry.
*** Place the dirty stencil and tools into warm water to clean at the end.
Step 3: Once dry brush off the residue glitter from the Holly stenciled image and then lay the largest nesting Bauble on top and die cut.
Step 4: Apply your berries by adding with a cocktail stick or pokey tool tiny dots of red liquid pearls or glitter glue or gems but be careful not to over load the image, keep it simple and elegant.
Step 5: Take your scrap piece of green card and die cut your holly leaves, the largest one cut twice as per picture above.
Step 6: Take your White 14.5cm x 14.5cm card stock and about 3 cm from the bottom of the card stamp your chosen verse on it with versafine onyx black ink – I have chosen the stamp “Merry Christmas to you all” from our Christmas Blessing set.
Step 7: On your White 11.5cm x 11.5cm card stock stamp the same verse in the middle and use the single Holly stamp to embellish the corner- this is your internal layer for your card.
Step 8: Mat and Layer your red and white card stock onto your 19cm x 19cm white card blank with either tape, wet glue or 3D glue/tape which ever is your preference and repeat the same for the internal.
Step 9: Apply 3D foam to the back of the die cut bauble and mount in the center of the top white layer on the front of the card, take the die cut green holly leaves and build up the bunch and apply with adhesive to the top of the bauble finishing off with 3 red gem berries.
Your project is complete !
- Because we use metal stencils, don’t forget to use a magnet sheet this will allow a closer bond with the stencil to the card stock.
- Start your medium on the tape and not the stencil then apply in one sweep. The more you work the stencil the greater chance of the paste seeping under. Remember apply once and remove excess once.
- Clean your stencil with warm soapy water and a nail brush. This gets into all the small areas and avoids cutting fingers.
I hope you enjoyed this project please feel free to leave a comment or share with friends!
Sweet Poppy Stencils
2 thoughts on “Holly Bauble – Christmas Card Project”
Hi Lucy can you do this with the glossy white paste?
Yes you can use Glossy white or Pearl White as the glitters will cover the medium so will give you the same effect .
Comments are closed.