Project – Christmas Pudding Card – by Lucy Ellis
- SP2-297 – Sweet Poppy Stencil: Christmas Pudding
- SPSTMP_BLESS – Sweet Poppy Stencil: A5 Stamp Set Christmas Blessings
- SPSD-PWHITE – Stencil Dimensions: Pearlescent White
- SP-SPREADER – Sweet Poppy:Spreader
- A5 Magnetic sheet – A5 Magnetic sheet
- Sweet Poppy Low tack Stencil tape – Stencil Tape Low Tack 25mm x 25m
- Sweet Poppy Coloured Micro Beads – White Sweet Poppy Ultra Fine Glass Microbeads: White
- Sweet Poppy Coloured Micro Beads – Brown Sweet Poppy Ultra Fine Glass Microbeads: Brown
- Sweet Poppy Coloured Micro Beads – Black Sweet Poppy Ultra Fine Glass Microbeads: Black
- 300 gsm Black/ Dark Green/ White card stock cut to sizes advised
- 1 – 7 x 7 White card blank
- 4mm red gems
- Vesafine black ink
- Large A4 tray to catch glass beads in
- Small spare pot to mix beads in
Step 1: With your pieces of White,Black & Dark Green card stock cut to the following sizes either with a Square Die or a guillotine/trimmer, the sentiment circles are cut with a circle die.
- Black card stock – 1 x 13cm x 13cm ( for the topper of the card)
- Dark Green card stock – 1 x 13.5cm x 13.5cm
- White card stock – 1 x 14cm x 14cm
- Dark Green card stock – 1 x 16.5cm x 16.5cm
- White card stock – 1 x 12.5cm x 12.5cm ( for the Internal layer)
- Dark Green card stock – 1 x 13cm x 13cm ( for the Internal layer)
- White Happy Christmas sentiment on a 4cm diameter circle
- Dark Green circle – 4.6cm diameter circle
Step 2: Open your pots of Ultra fine glass beads and in a spare pot mix half a tsp of brown and half a tsp of black beads together, put your A4 catching tray to one side with the beads ready to use as soon as the stencil is removed.
Step 3: Lay your Black topper card stock (13cm x 13cm) on top of the magnetic sheet and place the Christmas Pudding stencil on top and secure down with Stencil tape, I have masked off the top two holly leaves as I will be using a die cut to embellish. When spreading the medium with this stencil turn the stencil and go from left side to right side, spread your Pearl White Stencil Dimensions medium over the stencil and remove the stencil and place the stencil into water to clean at end
Step 4: Put the wet pasted image in the A4 tray and sprinkle over the white Ultra fine glass beads first using a metal teaspoon to get as close as you can to the swirls of the bottom of the pudding, do not stress if you go over …. No one will notice. With the mixed brown and black glass beads repeat for the bottom of the pudding the black fleck of the beads will give the look of raisins in the pudding, place the finished image to one side to air dry.
Step 5: Once dry apply this to your Green (13.5cm x 13.5cm)card and then start to mat and layer your card stock finally placing on the White base card, build up your layers with either tape, adhesive or 3D tape.
Step 6: Stamp out your chosen circle sentiment I have chosen the circle holly leaves with Happy Christmas and then I have die cut it with a circle die and added a complimentary green circle behind and then attached with 3D tape to the top right corner
Step 7: For the inside stamp your chosen verse in the center of the white internal piece of card (12.5cm x 12.5cm) I have used “Christmas Greetings from our House to yours as well as stamping the little holly in the top corner and then matted this onto the Green (13cm x 13cm) internal card and placed in the center of the inside of the card.
Step 7: The final touch is adding your die cut Holly embellishment which you cut from the Holly Trio Die, use the joined 3 and one of the largest single holly leaves and then place this over the single holly on the pudding topper and add your 4mm gems on the berry section.
Your project is complete !
- Always use a Magnetic sheet when using metal stencils because this will help provide a closer bond with the stencil to card stock.
- Start your medium on the tape and not the stencil remember to turn the stencil for the best application and apply in one sweep, the more you work it the worse the image so apply once and remove excess once.
- Clean your stencil with warm soapy water and a nail brush this gets into all the small areas and avoids cutting fingers.
- Always use a catching tray when using the Glass beads with a tea towel or hand towel to catch any jumping beads.
I hope you enjoyed this project please feel free to leave a comment or share with friends!
Sweet Poppy Stencils